teknikill.net Forum Index teknikill.net
Motorola IMfree (MX240) Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

all it really needs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    teknikill.net Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: all it really needs Reply with quote

it only needs to run a terminal, because text versions of instant messngers and music players are already available.
criselittle
newb

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: well fill us in man Reply with quote

if there are other programs why dont you leave us a link or tell us how to get them dude
gurista
newb

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: I agree Reply with quote

I believe that when they were developing the IMFREE they had to have been able to test it locally in "terminal mode". I was playing with it and AIM and I kept getting warned that I was logging on/off too much and they wouldn't let me back on for an hour.
Keep in mind Motorola did not develope the hardware or the software for the IMFREE. A japanese company did. I tried contacting Motorola and the (now forgotten) Japanese company and Motorola responed but not the Japanese company. The guys at Motorola couldn't really help me. Maybe if I was going to buy 100k devices they would make a better effort. Maybe if Motorola knew that there was a lot of people interested in it as a wireless terminal, maybe they would find and release the software.
xantus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Re: well fill us in man Reply with quote

criselittle wrote:
if there are other programs why dont you leave us a link or tell us how to get them dude

There are NO OTHERS. If there were, I would have mentioned them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
xantus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: I agree Reply with quote

gurista wrote:
I believe that when they were developing the IMFREE they had to have been able to test it locally in "terminal mode". I was playing with it and AIM and I kept getting warned that I was logging on/off too much and they wouldn't let me back on for an hour.
Keep in mind Motorola did not develope the hardware or the software for the IMFREE. A japanese company did. I tried contacting Motorola and the (now forgotten) Japanese company and Motorola responed but not the Japanese company. The guys at Motorola couldn't really help me. Maybe if I was going to buy 100k devices they would make a better effort. Maybe if Motorola knew that there was a lot of people interested in it as a wireless terminal, maybe they would find and release the software.

I realized the same thing. I found out about the jap. company and I emailed both. Motorola responded with a canned response. I think motorola lost interest in this. The price keeps dropping, probably due to low customer response to the device. It NEEDS support for something other than AOHell to draw a larger group of IM'ers.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
creeva
Regular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the parent was referrring to the fact thatwecan get window/linux software to operate at the terminal level for all the functionsif we can get a terminal activity out of it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    teknikill.net Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: