teknikill.net Forum Index teknikill.net
Motorola IMfree (MX240) Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Base Not working with my handheld

Post new topic   Reply to topic    teknikill.net Forum Index -> General Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommi
newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Base Not working with my handheld Reply with quote

Hi I've just bought this IMFree from woot.com recently, the problem I'm having is when I have everyting installed and im connected to internet, then i got usb connected and stuff, and i open my handheld it asks me for the base ID, i enter it, but it keeps saying invalid base ID everytime when i enter it, i try so many times and i double check the ID, it never worked. and im sure i got everything done properly, do u have any solutions?
tony
newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the software running? you should see a white box in the system tray with a red triangle when the base unit is not connected and a green circle when it is. If the software isn't running (it has to be manually started) you can't register with the base unit.
tommi
newb

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green circle i saw
ishiyakazuo
newb

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem. Just got mine last week from Compgeeks. Is there any way to find out the base ID to verify that it's responding to the one that's on the label? I'm wondering if a batch got mislabeled.

EDIT: I contacted Motorola and they told me to check my firewall. Completely useless. Gonna call them again and see if someone else is of any bigger help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    teknikill.net Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: