teknikill.net Forum Index teknikill.net
Motorola IMfree (MX240) Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Possible Windows solution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    teknikill.net Forum Index -> Misc and Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Possible Windows solution Reply with quote

I have seen where people have been asking for a Windows solution. I have downloaded and messed with the Perl code that was posted and it seems to work find. I have another work around that I am also working on that does not involve trying to trying to figure out the MX240 protocol.

This work around consists of running your own Oscar server, based on the VB code found at "http://www.planetsourcecode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=62118&lngWId=1". I have modified the code to do exactly what I wanted the MX240 device to do, which is basically a wireless menu system.

So what I have done is added an entry in my "hosts" file for "login.oscar.aol.com" to point to 127.0.0.1, or what ever machine you run the Oscar server on. I then allow the MX240 software to work as if it was still communicating with the real AIM server. This is just a work around and if you did need to connect to "login.oscar.aol.com" for doing real chatting you would have to change your hosts file to allow that to work.

Just thought I would post this as another possibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    teknikill.net Forum Index -> Misc and Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum