teknikill.net Forum Index teknikill.net
Motorola IMfree (MX240) Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Actual Development?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tkcheriyan
newb

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Actual Development? Reply with quote

Want to know if you have done any development work yet with the Motorola device yet. If so, post up some of your work. I am a pretty good c++ (as well as some other languages) programmer, if you can get me the code or operating system which is being used by the device, I can start writing up some code to implement some other stuff such as using MSN and Yahoo. But I would need the existing code that is being used now, so that I can work my way up from there.

Twisted Evil
grn
newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

working on it... anyone else got anything?
dusty
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been working on a daemon/driver to interface with the device that will be hosted on sourceforge.net.

grn - what do you have so far? do you know how to work with libusb or Linux's hid device?
grn
newb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: ... Reply with quote

I just have the raw data so far, learning how to work with libusb
dusty
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked out my project on sourceforge? It works already (sorta).
grn
newb

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be happy to make a website for your project to try and encourage more developers.
xantus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been busy with Real Life[tm] , so I haven't had time to mess with it. The code I have is just a start of the perl bindings to libusb. I think dusty is doing what I can't do at this point....the c/c++ part Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
staticspace
newb

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am presently about to release a simple perl based I\M bot i have developed for aim, currently all it does is login to an aim account and an MSN account using the open source modules for both (MSN.pm for MSN). The bot relays messages from the MSN client to you via the AIM screen name. Therein it requires, the bot s\n (Aim), one for MSN and your personal for AIM.

Working out some bugs right now, including one with message rate limits. Away is currently not supported, if you get messaged on msn it replies with your aim away message.

I know this isn't nearly the goal, however it's presently as close as I can come to adding any functionality to the mx240a beyond aim. I know, it isn't actually a Mx240a hack. I am eager to actually attempt that however, I do not presently have the firmware and see no way to get it. I've contacted motorola but they will probably give me a dead response as they have to all that tried before me.

If anyone has anything that could help such as firmware, please be sure to update me on that.
mrmiscellanious
newb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to touch this device (to dump firmware or such), because I believe everything I want (SSH support, basically) can be made available via software on the host PC (I've found that MSN and Yahoo support is available on the device itself, it just needs the communication software on the PC side).
staticspace
newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, i have been digging around and it appears that the Yahoo and MSN support can be added directly from the software. If the software on the PC is modified and sends the proper data to the handheld upon connection it should display the MSN and Yahoo menus. Though, I'm certain we'll need to write .dll to handle the connections for those 2 clients since the aim connection\icq support is handled through a .dll located in the program directory.

Been studying the aim and to write support seems easy, the .dll portion although I have no idea how to go about getting the device to display the MSN and Yahoo logins not to mention handle the multi clients. If... that was accomplished, telnet\ssh and a text based web browser probably wouldn't be very hard... maybe even the potential for ... a low res graphic browser, but thats thinking way too far ahead.
thegilmanator
newb

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea what CoolHttp.dll is used for?
xantus
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thegilmanator wrote:
Any idea what CoolHttp.dll is used for?

It could be used for aol (aim) http proxy connections
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    teknikill.net Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: